Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day #19

This morning the smoothie was a dark green and crunchy...MMMMMgood! I did not add any berries, I just used the juice made from apples, pears, and kiwis. The crunch was made by almonds. I can't decide if I like the almonds or cashews better. Has anyone tried walnuts?
We are nearly 1/2 way done. Is anyone tired of the practice yet? Are you feeling any different? Please post your thoughts/feelings/experiences. We are interested and we do learn from each other.
Keep warm,
Geri

1 comment:

  1. Sunday.

    I am enjoying my most adventurous smoothie to date. First I juiced two apples, a few carrots, a handful of swiss chard and three beets. Then I blended the juice along with more swiss chard, plain greek yogurt (Cub was out of the honey so I added a squirt of the honey I picked up yesterday at the famer's market - I'm making Heidi's granola bars to take to the Blues Fest), rice protein powder and raspberries - frozen from last year's picking with dad.

    The color is beautiful and the beets shine through. I love beets so I'm pleased with how it turned out.

    My response is, "We're half way through already??" This is a very easy challenge in which to participate. I feel like I'm doing something good for myself, and don't doubt that this practice is adding to my overall well being.

    I haven't added nuts to any of my smoothies yet; maybe next week :)

    ReplyDelete