Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day #23

Today I drank a ready-made smoothie that I bottled last night. It was quite delicious! I added about a 1/2 cup of kombucha to it and I am finding that I really like that combination. I am relieved to know that day-old smoothies are tasty. It relieves some anxiety I had about going back to work full-time. ("some" is the key word:-)
I have cleaned beet greens and more carrot greens for future batches. I am very happy with using the entire plant. By the way, I roasted the beets according to the recipe given to me by Sweet Little Flower and another yoga student. They are so sweet and yummy!
Keep on smoothing...what are your thoughts about the next 40 day challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I just finished prepping my smoothies for the weekend. It ended up being a refrigerator clean out - reminisant of wapatuis of my youth only much healthier!

    I threw into the juicer apples, raspberries, carrots, beets, carrot tops and swiss chard then blended with OJ/mango juice, yogurt, protein powder and more swiss chard and carrot tops.

    I learned that beets are like celery - a little bit goes a long way - and while I'll happily drink these smoothies loaded with pure health, I won't be offering samples this weekend to my green smoothie virgin traveling companions.

    Ger' - I'm out of protein powder so will buy the next bag at Northwoods and split it with you. Thanks for the bottles too!

    Sweet Little Flower - I'll look forward to your pea green experiment. I don't have access to the greens, but peas are available at the Farmer's Market. I love peas. I love beets too but not in my smoothies!

    Have a great weekend all!

    ReplyDelete