Sunday, August 16, 2009

Days #31 & #32

It's a red (beet) theme movin' and shakin' the Downing household this AM. Beet greens were the base of the breakfast smoothie. Leftover roasted beets were added to the smoothie and it all turned a beautiful pink! The taste is oh, so subtle and delicious!
From there, I took the pulp (with beet pulp included) and baked a batch of healthy blueberry muffins that are also pink! Very cute!
What I celebrate about this experience is the 'no waste' result. EVERYTHING was used because it's ALL edible. (I am capitalizing because it's a wallop along side the head for me!)
What does your day hold?

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to let you know that I have started the week of 'parasite removal' so that I can do a liver cleanse next Friday evening and all day Saturday. Guess I won't be eating any greasy food at the fair!
    Let me know if you would like the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this should have read Day #32 & #33.

    ReplyDelete