Tuesday, July 14, 2009

24 hour notice

Only 24 hours before we begin our Green Smoothie Challenge! Just a reminder that the minimum challenge is to replace just one meal with a healthy, delicious green smoothie. You may, of course, go further by cutting out all white sugar/refined foods, eating mostly raw foods with your other meals and snacks, increasing exercise, etc. The 40 day concept is related to the fact that we need to practice something 40 days for it to become a habit.

I have tested out adding a cup of green tea to my smoothie and it was delicious. I also cut up some very ripe peaches and threw them in, skin and all, to the blender. They were wonderful too!

Remember, green smoothies taste like the fruit you are using, not like the greens. Unless you put too many greens in. A suggestion: start with 1/2 cup of greens and increase as you trust the taste:-)

2 comments:

  1. Day one.

    Making my first green smoothie taught me the importance of balance. I tried the melon/parsley combo and even at 1/2 c, the parsley overpowered the smoothie. I also had to play with the juice portion as my first attempt resulted in a much too thick concoction. A bit more orange juice and blending did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thickness is definitely a tricky but important issue for me as well. There have been times that I have ended up with enough for a family of ten due to trying to get it just right!

    ReplyDelete