Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day #15

It is so exciting to read and hear about all of the possible combinations for making smoothies. And every time I realize just how nutrient dense each one is, I am amazed at how much we are improving our nutritional status by just adding one item to our day. And it's easy to do!
So keep up the beautiful committment to yourself.
Today...I am introducing my very reluctant friend to green smoothies. I am very anxious and hopeful. I don't think I will use the protein powder or the nuts for her first try. I will let you know how it goes.
Keep posting please!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't resist the deviled eggs, leftover from last night's Circles potluck, for breakfast so packed up my "easy" smoothie fixin's and my blender for my first lunch smoothie at work.

    I made extra so I could share with a few co-workers. Their reaction was the same across the board. First, "What is it??" My response, "Just drink it." Followed by "Wow, this is really good. What's in it?"

    Four out of four liked dare I say loved it, and were surprised when I told them the ingredients.

    It's a good day for green smoothies in Grand Rapids. Hope your experience is equally as good Ger'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday - I left the blender at work so for the second day am having my smoothie for lunch. This one includes swiss chard and about a third of a bottle of Cosmic Cranberry Kombucha. The little bit of fizziness is wonderful! I'd definitely drink it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a berry/cashew/spinach/peapod smoothie today - the peapods gave it zing I'd say!

    But, I may have lost my gourd on this one! I made a couple of smoothies for tomorrow - with cucumbers, mint leaves, cantaloupe, greek yogurt & lime juice. The first taste reminded me of a liquidy dip... but with some adjustments, it's pretty good! My hubby even liked it!

    ReplyDelete