Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day #1

We officially begin our 40 day adventure NOW! I just finished my breakfast smoothie and it was delicious! I had an opportunity to talk with a few new folks at the studio this morning so maybe more will be jumping on board.
Someone asked "why green smoothies?" The answer is that green smoothies are the a very good way to practice what is called 'clean eating'. Cleaning eating is consuming foods as close to their natural state as possible. That includes being organically grown, unprocessed without sugars and other additives, nutrient dense, raw and whole. Green smoothies meet all of these criteria. Even the 'whole' part since the entire edible part of the plant can be put into the blender!

This morning I made a delightful combination that resulted in 32 oz. of smoothie; enough for you and a friend!

1 cup spring salad mix
1 cup green tea
3 very ripe peaches
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup ground pecans
2 cups pure juice (I made this in my juicer: 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 kiwi)

If you do not have a juicer, any 100% juice is a good choice.

Please post your experiments! We want to hear what works and what doesn't. Thanks and good luck!

3 comments:

  1. thank you so much for letting me try the smoothies this morning. when i read the recipes i thought they sounded yucky...but no! not at all! they were delicious!
    i'll make one for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2.

    Good Morning!

    This morning's green smoothie was a big hit with me - Rick sampled it and by the look on his face I still have a ways to go :)

    Here's my recipe:

    1/4 muskmelon
    french vanilla yogurt
    ~ 1/2 c pure oj
    a big handful of spinach

    I'll make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed when you started the green smoothie challenge Geri - will you post more recipes on here? Or other folks who are trying it? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete