Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day #11

OMG!!! Today was the best smoothie combination EVER! I purchased fresh strawberries and blueberries at the Farmer's Market. I combined 1 cup mixed greens, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup ground cashews, and a splash of water with 5 ice cubes. It was a little thicker than the others I have made and the taste was amazing! So refreshing!

Thoughts: the best mangoes are really ripe and then much easier to cut up. Frozen mango is the tastiest in mixed drinks.
I don't if know if Heidi juiced the carrot or not before making her smoothie but it would probably make a better consistency if juiced.
I like the idea of finding a likeable foundation and adding from there. It really makes life so much easier. Not so many 'gotta choke this down' smoothies.

Excellent thoughts and suggestions everyone! Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Today's smootie-- lot's of beet greens, carrot juice, watermelon, whey protein powder, water, & vitamin c juice. The consistency and color are okay, but it smells really 'green'...and tastes sort of like.."LAWN" or "GRASS". This was not my best work....i think i might use the remainder (i make 2 days worth of smoothies in one batch) as the base for a new smoothie tomorrow, or just try to choke it down. Wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: Where do you guys get your protein powder? What should I be looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi-
    i got my protein powder at super walmart -it is a vanilla whey protein powder which was recommended to me by mercedes, my ymca instructor. i think the kind i purchased was like $13.00 for a gigantic tub of it. They also had other variety's for higher prices. There was also chocolate and strawberry flavors as well. I would imagine you could also purchase the protein powder at a GNC (not sure if there is one in GR?) or i would recommend northwoods nutrition. They have a lot of yummy and healthy stuff. Hope this helps!! Happy blending!!!

    ReplyDelete